Donation Receipts for Inland Revenue
Have you been feeling generous and making donations to registered NZ charities?
You can claim the tax back on these donations after the financial year end but you will need to provide valid receipts.
Did you know you can upload your Donation receipts for Inland Revenue via your personal MyIR login throughout the year?
You don’t need to wait until after year end to do this.
The receipts can be electronic copies or scans or photocopies of paper receipts.
Make sure the receipts are valid! See below for a description of what constitutes a valid receipt.
The Donation Receipts need to contain the following information:
- Donor Name or the name of the donor’s spouse or partner
- Date of the donation
- Dollar value of the donation
- The receipt must state that it is a Donation
- The name of the organisation you donated to
- The receipt but contain the official stamp or be on letterhead of the organisation
If you’d like more information or would like to speak to an accountant about minimising your tax obligations, please get in touch via our website or give us a call on 09 273 7377. We’d love to hear from you.