Lindsay & Associates (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
For the purposes of our engagement and the requirements to satisfy various regulatory requirements we will collect certain personal information, such as:
- Full Legal name
- Date of Birth
- Contact details (residential, postal address), telephone numbers, e-mail addresses
- Financial information & source of funds
- Any other information as may be required by legislation
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM?
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the telephone, e-mail, face to face meeting
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your personal information is stored on our domain server which is backed up daily.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We believe in protecting your privacy and security of your personal information. We do not rent or sell our customer details to third parties. We will use your personal information mainly for following reasons:
- to provide services to you
- to respond to individual requests and communications from you
- to maintain contact with you
- to verify your identity as is required under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009
- to improve the services that we provide to clients
- to keep our clients informed of services we offer
- to keep our clients informed of any developments or changes in legislation that may be of interest
to communicate with Inland Revenue Department and ACC on your behalf
- for general administration and management purposes such as raising invoices
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act
- for purposes related to our business and providing services to you
If you chose not to provide us with personal information, we may be unable to provide services to you.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to the extent permitted by you or when required by law to:
- Inland Revenue Department
- Centrix Group Ltd or any other third-party service provider that we use for identity verification purposes
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information) or where required by law
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
USE OF INTERNET AND EMAIL COMMUNICATION
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.